Rising Derm Stars® Competition for Residents
The Rising Derm Stars® Competition for Residents is an award program for the top dermatology residents and fellows.
We are seeking out the most exceptional dermatology residents and fellows to participate in the highly anticipated Rising Derm Stars® Competition for Residents program. This prestigious award program aims to recognize and celebrate the top 20 individuals in the field of dermatology.
The chosen participants will have the opportunity to deliver a compelling 5-minute oral presentation during the upcoming 2024 Winter Clinical Dermatology Conference - Hawaii® (WCH24). Taking place from January 12-17, 2024, at the renowned Hyatt Regency Maui in Maui, Hawaii. This conference promises to be an unforgettable experience. Each resident will be paired with a distinguished faculty mentor, creating a valuable opportunity to learn directly from esteemed educators in the field of dermatology.
The 20 selected competitors will receive an array of exclusive benefits, including:
- Complimentary registration for the SOLD OUT 2024 Winter Clinical Dermatology Conference - Hawaii®.
- Roundtrip, domestic airfare from your home city to Maui, HI (OGG – Kahului Airport).
- Hotel accommodations for up to four nights, January 12-15, 2024.
- One-on-one mentorship throughout the meeting, enriching the overall learning experience.
- The chance to present your research report during the conference at a special Competition session.
- The first-place winner will then present to the entire General Session audience.
- Select abstracts will be featured in an upcoming issue of SKIN - The Journal of Cutaneous Medicine®, the official journal of the conference.
The first, second, and third-place winners of the oral presentation competition will each receive complimentary registration to the 2025 Winter Clinical Dermatology Conference - Hawaii. Additionally, the program's results and competition outcomes will be disseminated via email to a vast network of over 14,000 dermatologists.
How to Enter
Applications will be accepted until November 3, 2023, and should be submitted through this form. To be eligible for consideration, you must currently be in year 1-3 of a US or Canadian dermatology residency or fellowship training program at the time of the conference (medical students are not eligible).
To apply for the program, please include the following:
- Your name, cell phone number, and academic institution.
- A concise research report (maximum 500 words, 2 tables, and 5 references) structured into background, methods, results, brief discussion, and conclusions. This report should summarize the content of your proposed oral presentation for the special session at WCH24.
- Selected abstracts will be published in an upcoming issue of SKIN - The Journal of Cutaneous Medicine®, the official journal of the conference.
- A brief letter of good standing and recommendation from your training director.
- A one-page abbreviated curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement (maximum 250 words) highlighting why you believe you should be selected for this opportunity.
Click here to submit your application. Winners will be notified via email shortly after the submission deadline.
Supported in part by Pfizer