What is the maximum dosage per week recommended for ruxolitinib cream?
Assistant Professor, Director of Center for Eczema and Itch
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Depending on how much body surface area and the severity of someone's atopic dermatitis, there's probably going to be differences in use for any individual. Now, in general, based on the way that the prescribing information is written, you're going to be thinking about twice daily use and up to one 60-gram tube per week. So in the course of four weeks, or about a month, no more than four 60-gram tubes. Now, this may not actually be the amount you end up using just based on how much someone’s body surface area is. For instance, if somebody has less than 10% BSA, you may find that one tube can actually last in quite a while compared to somebody who's hanging out in that 10 to 20% range.
In the video, Dr. Raj Chovatiya explains the recommended maximum dosage per week for ruxolitinib cream, considering individual variations in atopic dermatitis severity and body surface area. Generally, the prescribing information suggests twice daily use of the cream, not exceeding one 60-gram tube per week. So, over the course of four weeks (approximately a month), the maximum usage should not exceed four 60-gram tubes. However, the actual amount used may differ based on the individual's body surface area. For example, if someone has less than 10% body surface area affected by atopic dermatitis, one tube might last a long time, while someone with a body surface area in the 10 to 20% range may use the cream more frequently. It's essential for patients to follow their doctor's specific instructions and not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Maximum dosage per week recommended for ruxolitinib cream depends on body surface area and the severity of atopic dermatitis.
- Individual usage may vary based on the person's body surface area.
- If someone has less than 10% body surface area (BSA), one tube may last longer compared to someone with 10 to 20% BSA.
- The prescribing information suggests twice daily use and up to one 60-gram tube per week.
- Over the course of four weeks, the maximum usage should not exceed four 60-gram tubes.